- Born in Buenos Aires, father from Scotland and mother from Wales.
- Educated in St. Albans College (British school) in BA and then on to Cable & Wireless Engineering College in Porthcurno, nr. Penzance, Cornwall. Also hold a Masters in Business Administration from the USRetired member of Institute of Marketing, Linguists and Electrical and Electronic Engineers (USA).
- Worked as a telecommunications engineer moving on to marketing and management in the same business based (took up residence) in various parts of the world. These included Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Bolivia, Costa Rica and Panama), Middle East (Iran), Europe (UK and Spain) and United States (Washington D.C., Kansas City and San Francisco). Work included travel to a further 15 or 20 countries such as Cuba, Kuwait, Ukraine and Latvia.
- Companies worked for were Cable & Wireless (over 30 years), TDX Inc. (2-1/2), US Sprint (4), British Telecom (2), and IDT Inc. (2-1/2).
- Took early retirement in 1992 but returned to active work, also in telecommunications between 1994 until 2000.
- Hobbies are golf and free lance journalism. Attended a Post Graduate course in Falmouth College of Arts in Professional Writing in 2001.
- Married, wife is Galician. Two children and three grandchildren.
- Lives in Vigo permanently since 1996.
- Interesting part of life was National Service in the Argentine Army (1959/1960) and supervising the building of an 18-hole golf course in 1993.
- During career abroad had a great deal to do with Governments, Embassies and Consulates of various nations.
- British Honorary Consul in Galicia, Spain since July 2002.